BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #221
froop
Colonel

Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

We need to get more people back out to the strip. I was reading the Australia Drag Racing Standings thread and there used to be heaps of activity! There was some good competition going for a bit.

I've also noticed there's also only 2 MT's on there but surely there must be a few more MTs (and even ATs) out there at the strip. Once I get a sub 13s pass I'll post up my timeslip.
froop is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #222
eriktufa
3r1k

Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i

Dyno says one thing but I believe that trap time is the accurate way to measure how fast the car is
      03-22-2013, 02:57 AM   #223
Peter@Advan

Drives: 335 coupe ADVAN

OK next time your in Sydney drop in and I will give you a FREE few runs then you will be able to compare the results.
There is no need to turn the Dyno Day thread into a bullshit battle ground.

We do these days so that you can all have a few laughs and learn about you car from others with the same hobby.

The dyno results are full of information, you can compare tunes and mods on the same day on the same dyno. I think this is a good thing I see no bad points.

My other car makes 560kw at the wheels do I care NO
Peter@Advan is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #224
Zuzu
Major General

Drives: VO 1M Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
OK next time your in Sydney drop in and I will give you a FREE few runs then you will be able to compare the results.
There is no need to turn the Dyno Day thread into a bullshit battle ground.

We do these days so that you can all have a few laughs and learn about you car from others with the same hobby.

The dyno results are full of information, you can compare tunes and mods on the same day on the same dyno. I think this is a good thing I see no bad points.

My other car makes 560kw at the wheels do I care NO
And Pete, just to prove my point,( that its not about dick swinging, as some seem to think ) I discussed with you that we don't post up dyno numbers this time, just to avoid this crap.

And exactly what we spoke about happened... The thread gets trolled.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #225
John_01
Colonel

Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

I don't really understand why this needs to become a debate. The day was really good fun. I found that everyone was super friendly and happy to chat. Interesting to compare different results and chat about modifications. Personally I wouldn't try to compare absolute numbers to other Dynos - I don't even know where that idea came from. Maybe BBK should come down to visit so he can satisfy his own curiosity if its so important to him. I thought it was extremely gracious of Peter to offer that.
John_01 is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #226
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
I don't really understand why this needs to become a debate. The day was really good fun. I found that everyone was super friendly and happy to chat. Interesting to compare different results and chat about modifications. Personally I wouldn't try to compare absolute numbers to other Dynos - I don't even know where that idea came from. Maybe BBK should come down to visit so he can satisfy his own curiosity if its so important to him. I thought it was extremely gracious of Peter to offer that.
Yup I agree, its always a great day to perve on a heap of nice cars, eat a snag sandwich and put some faces to the names all thanks to Advan.

But as the old adage goes you can't please everyone

I'm already looking forward to the next one, perhaps a nice cool winters day will start producing some more likeable numbers!?! haha
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #227
1MOz
Captain

Drives: BMW 1M AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
Try the stage 1 aggressive stock throttle maps, linear throttle is terrible, with the cobb tune, and any other tune i suspect on the 1m, without added mods, you will notice a difference low down but virtually no benefit high up, cobb stage 1 is no quicker at all for track driving, feels good around town however.

and that is a healthy baseline, N55 mids have to be the best mod ever!!!
I put on Stage 1 aggressive ST map and totally agree with you. The car is much more responsive low down between 2000-3000rpm and that's what I was looking for, the car is much more enjoyable to drive now when not pushing hard.

Cheers,
Quang
1MOz is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #228
Zuzu
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOz View Post
I put on Stage 1 aggressive ST map and totally agree with you. The car is much more responsive low down between 2000-3000rpm and that's what I was looking for, the car is much more enjoyable to drive now when not pushing hard.

Cheers,
Quang
That seems to be the best map for minimal or no mods on 98 octane,

Glad you are enjoying the Cobb Quang,,
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #229
racer_x
Second Lieutenant

Drives: When He Has To

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Ummm... this isn't just this day. Most results posted in these forums from this dyno have a similar theme.

Either way, yes you cannot compare this that blah blah. But when multiple results, across the span of over a year can be quite compelling. Especially when we have higher humidity and temps in the Sunshine state :-)

Out of interest froop, what times did you get on the track with what mods?
I've only had my car for a 4-5 weeks and only get to drive it on weekends. One thing I noticed is that it does not like the heat very much.

I am going by the seat of the pants dyno here but it has less pull on a hot afternoon compared to a cool morning.

I am guessing the guys in vic might see better power figures due to the cooler ambient temps.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #230
Peter@Advan

Hi all
Here are all the dyno runs we did on the day some good some not so good but that's how it is .

We have some prizes to give out to the following car types

Top power N54
Top power N55
Top power NA

And the boys choice for the Jacket

If you could have a look at the graphs and let us all know if you are the winner. then come into Advan and claim your prize.

Here is the link to photobucket also there are more photos of the cars on the day http://s306.photobucket.com/user/sky...0sheets?page=1
Also there is a Castrol Jacket to be won only catch is you have to give a reason why you should win the Castrol jacket and the Advan staff shall choose who is the winner is. So get your thinking caps on and give us a good reason

Last edited by Peter@Advan; 03-27-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #231
Zuzu
Major General

Quote:
Hi all
Here are all the dyno runs we did on the day some good some not so good but that's how it is .

Top power N54
Top power N55
Top power NA

If you could have a look at the graphs and let us all know if you are the winner. then come into Advan and claim your prize.

Here is the link to photobucket also there are more photos of the cars on the day:http://s306.photobucket.com/user/sky...0sheets?page=1

Also there is a Castrol Jacket to be won only catch is you have to give a reason why you should win the Castrol jacket and the Advan staff shall choose who is the winner is. So get your thinking caps on and give us a good reason
Hi Pete... I should win the castrol jacket, cause I am the first one to let you know, that the photobucket link does not work..

AND.... I make a good cup of tea.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #232
TWD

Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Hi Pete... I should win the castrol jacket, cause I am the first one to let you know, that the photobucket link does not work..

AND.... I make a good cup of tea.
LOL!

I should win the jacket, because I need something to clean the ADVAN 335 with.....and then you can say "My car was cleaned with Castrol"
      03-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #233
Peter@Advan

try http://s306.photobucket.com/user/sky...0sheets?page=1
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #234
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT

Froop or edwin for the jacket
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #235
jaffa12
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 1M, M235i

Quote:
Hi all

Top power N54
Top power N55
Top power NA

Here is the link to photobucket also there are more photos of the cars on the day http://s306.photobucket.com/user/sky...0sheets?page=1
Pete, the Castrol jacket is mine cos the exhaust fault code came on again today I need special consolation
      03-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #236
Alpine*
Brigadier General

Drives: CLK63 Black

I vote me for the jacket Pete, interstate visitor with 6 hours driving and 600ks on my car just to come to your shop, for the first time, and we had a great morning, thanks again mate.
Alpine* is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #237
froop
Colonel

Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Edwin for the jacket. Because 262kW on just a tune is just silly.
Procede Rev 3 | PWM Meth | Mr5 Intake | AFE Scoops | ER FMIC | ER CP | TiAl BOV | AR Catless DPs | CP-E Exhaust | Forgestar F14s | M3 Strut Tower Brace | M3 Front Arms | M3 F + R Sway Bars | M3 Rear End Conversion | Moton Clubsports with Swift Springs | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ECS 2-Piece Rotors | SS Lines | Cool Carbons | BR Half Cage | BMWP SSK | BMWP Interior/Exterior Goodies | Blacklines | P3 Gauge | 1M Interior |
froop is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #238
sparoz
Brigadier General

Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d

Very interesting indeed. Just looking at the data analysis from the track day and my 1M is showing 267.9 max from one of the laps. So, looks like the dyno married up quite well with on track conditions. I would have been in 3rd gear at that point in time at the straight. Interestingly in that lap I was holding 3rd gear a bit longer pass 6600, and peak power comes between 6000-6300 which is also consistent for cars that have an upgraded intake.

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #239
Peter@Advan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
I vote me for the jacket Pete, interstate visitor with 6 hours driving and 600ks on my car just to come to your shop, for the first time, and we had a great morning, thanks again mate.
Winner
John you have won the Castrol jacket as ADVAN boys choice for the most km's travelled, we have extra large or large pm with your info

Last edited by Peter@Advan; 04-11-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #240
Zuzu
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
Quote:
Winner
you have won the Castrol jacket as ADVAN boys choice for the most km's travelled, we have extra large or large pm with your info
Congrats John... Well deserved IMHO...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #241
Peter@Advan

Advan Dyno Day Winners

Hi all
Thank you all for attending the Advan Dyno day, I hope every one had a few laughs and went away with a few new ideas this event is held every 4 months so our next one will be sometime in June I will keep you posted.
Peter @ Advan

Here are the winners

Top power for the day- VW Golf 321.4kw Sam
Best power N54 - 298.9KW Alex BMW 135i
Best power N55 - 211.7KW John BMW 135i
Best power NA - 229.1KW Stuart BMW M5

Would the winners please pm Peter / Skycat with where to send you prize

www.advanperformanceeuro.com.au
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #242
StuM5

Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Here are the winners

Best power NA - 229.1KW Stuart BMW M5

Would the winners please pm Peter / Skycat with where to send you prize

www.advanperformanceeuro.com.au
Thanks guys, it was bad enough on the day losing to all the turbo monsters but your still sticking it to me :-)
http://s306.photobucket.com/user/sky...02651906519419

I will see if i can pop out there to collect, when are you next there on a saturday.
cheers
Stuart
StuM5 is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0