BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Hondamxracer51
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 135i dct zmp

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
dct tranny and idle problems

i saw a thread on this but it had like 6 pages of responses and i couldnt go through and read it all. i know that i have seen other people with this problem and i think mine has been fixed.

so the original problem with my car was fluctuating idle and delayed power. i would be sitting at a light or stopped and my idle would either jump up maybe 500 rpms or it would dip down almost to a stall. also if i would come to a stop pretty quick after driving fast my car would almost stall. i was also having a problem where i would be stopped and i would go to pull out into traffic (turning right for example) and i would push the throttle and nothing would happen untill like half to 3/4 throttle.

so i work at a dealer and i had brought the problem up to my buddy that is a tech and he said to bring it in and he would look at it. he scanned the car and didnt find and faults but he found a test plan on re calibrating the clutches. he said it was a pain and a long process that took him forever. he ended up clearing all the settings and re calibrating the clutches and doing some other stuff.

so far ive had the car back for almost a week and it seems to have fixed it. i havent driven super hard but it doesnt seem to be doing what it was before. if anyone is having this problem i can try to find out exactly what he did.

i hope this helps someone i just thought i would share it because i know ive seen the problem out there before.
Hondamxracer51 is offline   United_States
      03-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
abirmaher
Captain

Drives: 2014 M235i Coupé (BSM/CR)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondamxracer51 View Post
i saw a thread on this but it had like 6 pages of responses and i couldnt go through and read it all. i know that i have seen other people with this problem and i think mine has been fixed.

so the original problem with my car was fluctuating idle and delayed power. i would be sitting at a light or stopped and my idle would either jump up maybe 500 rpms or it would dip down almost to a stall. also if i would come to a stop pretty quick after driving fast my car would almost stall. i was also having a problem where i would be stopped and i would go to pull out into traffic (turning right for example) and i would push the throttle and nothing would happen untill like half to 3/4 throttle.

so i work at a dealer and i had brought the problem up to my buddy that is a tech and he said to bring it in and he would look at it. he scanned the car and didnt find and faults but he found a test plan on re calibrating the clutches. he said it was a pain and a long process that took him forever. he ended up clearing all the settings and re calibrating the clutches and doing some other stuff.

so far ive had the car back for almost a week and it seems to have fixed it. i havent driven super hard but it doesnt seem to be doing what it was before. if anyone is having this problem i can try to find out exactly what he did.

i hope this helps someone i just thought i would share it because i know ive seen the problem out there before.
Mine does this as well, I would really appreciate that information. Good to know I am not the only one with the issue.
      03-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
Hondamxracer51
Private First Class

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
my inbox is going crazy. apparently this problem is common. i will update this post tomorrow with more info.
      03-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
Dackelone

Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54

It is basically a SW issue - we think. A simply SW upgrade seems to fix this problem. Go visit your BMW dealer.

I'm sorry you can't read thru six pages... or even post an update.

Throttle response problems
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735136
Dackelone is offline   Germany
      03-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK

Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
It is basically a SW issue - we think. A simply SW upgrade seems to fix this problem. Go visit your BMW dealer.

Must be a real bitch for him not getting the answer spoon fed.

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 - 2003 Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 - FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
      03-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Hondamxracer51
Private First Class

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Must be a real bitch for him not getting the answer spoon fed.
right? i thought i was trying to help people in a more simple way than reading every post on 6 pages and not finding an answer.

also i did post in there i just didnt think anyone would ever read that far in to find it.
      03-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
dicker
Captain

Drives: '14 M235i

Send a message via AIM to dicker
Quote:

It seems like you can't read a thread either?
dicker is offline   United_States
      03-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
bogart
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E82 N55 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [3.53]
thanks for the info!
      03-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Hondamxracer51
Private First Class

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
ok here is a copy of the techs notes to bmw. i think it should be enough info. but if anyone needs more info i can ask him

Complaint: CLIENT STATES THE VEHICLE IS CUTTING OUT UNDER ACCELERATION FROM A STOP -
Cause: TRANSMISSION CALIBRATION AND DSC PERFORMANCE LIMIT.
Correction: TEST DROVE AND WAS ABLE TO DUPLICATE A SHORT HESITATION WHEN ACCELERATING FRM A COMPLETE STOP.SHORT TEST VEHICLE,FOUND FAULT STORED FOR THE DSC,PERFORMANCE DEDUCTION.WENT THROUGH TEST PLAN FOR FC 5DEC,TEST PLAN CAME BACK INCONCLUSIVE,CLEAR FAULTS N FOUND
Technician Notes: FAULT DID NOT RETURN.AS A PRECAUTION FOR THE TRANSMISSION (DUAL-CLUTCH TRANSMISSION).PERFORM A CLUTCH SLIP-POINT TEACH-IN,AND TRANSMISSION ADAPTATIONS RESET.AFTER TRANSMISSION CALIBRATIONS,TEST DROVE,ALL NORMAL.
      03-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
135-dmc
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 135

Thanks man. Taking mine in in 2 weeks for the same problem.
135-dmc is offline   United_States
      03-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #11
abirmaher
Captain

Drives: 2014 M235i Coupé (BSM/CR)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Thank you very much
      03-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
Zombie1
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: BMW 135i 2010

So true

Quote:

Mods:Berkexhaust alpinaB3flash cobbAP Cobb FMIC Er charge pipe tialQ bov OCC VMR705s MichelinPSS M3 front sway bar M3 subframe bushings M3 front upper and lower control arms M3 guide rods M3 rear upper control arms Koni yellows/Swift spec R springs
Zombie1 is offline   United_States