BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #199
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBooBoo View Post
In the meantime, you can stare at your keychain and go to this link over and over again :

http://www.e90post.com/vpc/index.asp.htm
KittyBB,
Thanks for that link! I had not seen it before. But better yet, I toured the Port Hueneme VDC in November 2011 as part of a Bimmerfest sponsored tour group. It is incredible to go through each and every area and see the capabilities they have there. And the parking garage out back filled with hundreds of incoming BMWs / MINIs / Bentleys is an incredible sight in and of itself. A massive operation, and incredibly clean - looks like you could eat off the floors. A tour not to miss if you ever get the chance...

Waiting patiently. I actually am extremely calm about the whole thing now; must be because I'm so busy at work. But Greg is doing a great job getting antsy and excited enough to cover us both. I'm sure once I'm in that car and firing up the motor it will hit me.....
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #200
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

For the record, I'm quite calm today, though not that busy at work.

If only we could all take a tour TOMORROW of the VDC and see our cars. At least visit them behind glass and pick up the phone to tell them that we love them and we'll see them soon.

I assume of course the 135ises go to the front of the line there? =)

I'm kinda worried that once I get back in that car, it's going to turn me into a speed demon. Been driving like a grandpa in my S5, but those darn 135s...they are the devil and MAKE you do bad things. My money is still on Friday....Saturday morning at the latest.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #201
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 sDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
KittyBB,
Thanks for that link! I had not seen it before. But better yet, I toured the Port Hueneme VDC in November 2011 as part of a Bimmerfest sponsored tour group. It is incredible to go through each and every area and see the capabilities they have there. And the parking garage out back filled with hundreds of incoming BMWs / MINIs / Bentleys is an incredible sight in and of itself. A massive operation, and incredibly clean - looks like you could eat off the floors. A tour not to miss if you ever get the chance...

Waiting patiently. I actually am extremely calm about the whole thing now; must be because I'm so busy at work. But Greg is doing a great job getting antsy and excited enough to cover us both. I'm sure once I'm in that car and firing up the motor it will hit me.....
Kouper.. that is so cool that you got to tour the VPC! I have to admit I am antsy but theres nothing we can do here except talk about it. How exactly did that tour group happen? How can I take a tour?

Greg.. I wish we could all take a tour right now. That would be insane to be with everyone on the toreador and actually see our cars being processed.

One more day has passed... we are a little closer in picking up our cars now.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #202
AZ-135is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Space Gray 135IS DCT

Ok, crazy story to share. I put my 335i on Craigslist last night at 8pm and she is in a new garage tonight. Never thought it would happen that quick.

Now I really am anxious for the 1 to arrive as I have no car now!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #203
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Wow on several fronts. First, took forever for my S5 to sell and 2 people crapped out on me at the last second, leaving me in a tailspin at the end. But, the new owner is picking it up tomorrow.

Second, interesting that you're another person "downgrading" to the 1-series. Will be interested to hear your thoughts and opinions after you have your "is" for awhile. We'll have to compare notes cause S5 to 135is and 335 to 135is isn't THAT different, though I'm going from the V8. Sadly, I actually prefer the engine in the 135 having owned a 2008.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #204
rpkenned
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135is

Has anyone got their car yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #205
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

My dealer just called me a few minutes ago to say mine is still on hold at the VDC since it's an "is" and so they still are installing the BMW performance parts, which is holding it up and so he doesn't expect it til monday or tuesday after speaking directly to the VDC. This likely wouldn't affect non "is" cars.

I guess no trucks go out over the weekend, so will be a few more days for people like me and Kouper.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #206
AZ-135is
Enlisted Member
Rep

I stopped in the dealer this morning and was told mine would be on the truck heading to Arizona today. Depending on whether it is non-stop or not, I could have it as quick as tonight or as late as Monday.

Not much help really........
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #207
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Now I don't like you very much if you jumped me in line. =P

Ugh, I had returned my rental car yesterday and now I guess I have to rent another car tonight for a few more days. Keep up updated!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #208
rpkenned
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135is

I was just told that it will take another week to get my 135is. I hope they are wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #209
AZ-135is
Enlisted Member
Rep

What date did you all order yours? Mine was ordered on 2-23-13. Maybe the order date has some bearing on processing order at the port?

But, reality is I don't have mine yet, so it is all speculation at this point on whether mine is on a truck or not...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #210
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

No good news here either. All I found out was that the factory was told not to put a front license plate on my car. I was told "if it comes during the night, tomorrow pick up is possible.. otherwise Monday". Vague...
I guess I am still waiting...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #211
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Now I don't like you very much if you jumped me in line. =P

Ugh, I had returned my rental car yesterday and now I guess I have to rent another car tonight for a few more days. Keep up updated!
Can you get something cheaper and less desirable this time?

This thread is making me nervous, but I'm hopeful I'll have a smooth run through the VDC since I didn't order a 135is (it seems like there are a lot of is models in the PDC right now). Fingers crossed for all of us.

Last edited by simianspeedster; 04-27-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #212
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Well, I just got back from selling my S5, so that's done, and just rented another fun car for a couple of days. So, total upgrade from hyundai accent to toyota corolla! Perhaps I should have demanded a free loaner from the dealer til it arrives, but considering I'm not a current BMW owner, haven't even given a deposit or signed a single thing, doubt they would. Might try to get them to take the $20/day off perhaps.

Simian - if i wanted something less desirable, I'd have gotten an F30.

AZ - don't think order date will have much to do with it, production date maybe. For example, I know mine was started and finished like 8 hours before Kouper's, and mine seemingly stayed 1 day ahead of his. Ours started on 3/5 and production completed on 3/14.

By the way...Kouper allegedly has pictures of his car AT the VDC!!!! I demand visual evidence!

Darn "is" models and their fancy BMW Performance equipment. Why don't they put all this stuff on at the factory? Of course, then I'd be complaining that it took so long to complete so guess it's all a wash.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 02:04 AM   #213
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
By the way...Kouper allegedly has pictures of his car AT the VDC!!!! I demand visual evidence!
Yep, it's true! I got tired of waiting for that delivery so sent my spies in to verify the car was being treated well and in fact getting the necessary "is" bits added. And look who they found being pampered at the VPC?! At least I now know it is there in one piece! Waiting patiently for next week......

Extra credit to anyone who notices anything slightly different from stock on this car

Last edited by Kouper; 04-28-2013 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #214
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Is it the all black grilles?

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #215
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Whoa, did you get the black chrome exhaust tips?!

Nevermind, I wasn't thinking clearly...obviously just means they hadn't installed your performance exhaust yet...duh.

So yes, high gloss black kidney grilles. And no front tire.

If only your spy could go find my car and take a picture of it.

Last edited by gregthegr8; 04-27-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #216
AZ-135is
Enlisted Member
Rep

I just got the call I figured I would get. Mine has not left the port, but the system has not updated with new dates. My dealer is scratching his head (and calling the VDC) to find out why the system is not showing correct data. It still says it is scheduled to leave the port yesterday but now shows the car still at the port!

Oh well, what is a few more days with NO car...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #217
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-135is View Post
Oh well, what is a few more days with NO car...
You want to borrow my rental corolla?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #218
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
Is it the all black grilles?
We have a winner! Yes, had the black performance grilles installed at VDC. Seems like the correct grille for an alpine white car with black mirrors and a black top!

Here's to everyone waiting through another long weekend....
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #219
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Ya, the dealers don't seem to be in the know when it comes to the special "is" cars. That's why I scoffed at my dealer saying 3-4 days from port the other day after I specifically him if the "is" takes an extra couple of days to install the PPK and performance exhaust.

He did have a guy check though at the VDC to see if it had the stainless steel pedals, which we all know it won't. He guaranteed by "the end of the month" which is Tuesday, and I know they want to push Simian's car through the VDC cause he's got a tight timeline there.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #220
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

You all are going to love this story. I get an email from my dealer saying "your car is here getting pre delivery done, come by at 1pm". I say..."Monday?" He says, "no... today!" It is 11am when I get this email that he sent this morning. I few emails back and forth on what I need to bring, I race to the bank to get money out, get dressed, getting ready to have my husband take me to the dealer. Literally right before I step out of the door, I get another email from my CA saying "hold on... don't leave the house yet." He writes a final email to me saying "remember how you added those two options a few days after your initial order? Well your first car from your initial order is here.. not the one you actually wanted to buy with the additional options. That car will be here Monday". OMG.. what a disappointment. I couldn't believe it. Hey I have to look at the bright side... I know Monday has to be the pick up day. I would have been pissed to drive down there and see that it wasn't my car. The Gods sure do have a sick sense of humor. Guess I better wash my car today.

Last edited by KittyBooBoo; 04-27-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0