BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
MIAblu1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Monaco Blue 135i

Problem solved....

Well for those who've read some of my other posts about my having an issue with no real power when pushing the throttle anything past 1/4 and getting the "engine malfunction" message, I've finally gotten it fixed. For those who aren't familiar, here's a recap....
I changed my spark plugs and then immediately after felt no power giving it anything past a quarter throttle and then the engine malfunction emblem would pop up on my nav. Initially I thought it was bad plugs or coils and decided to get a diagnosis by a local coder. Coder and I ran with the lap top hooked up and showed the fuel pump not reaching capacity so we're both thinking its the HPFP. I went to the dealer and they call me back later in the day saying their diagnostic showed the low pressure fuel sensor failing and wanted $400+ for changing it so i quickly picked up the car, paid for their diagnostic and bought and swapped the sensor myself for $80. Still, no change... Went to another dealership (after telling the first they were wrong) and the second dealer tells me its the "boost reservoir" and the the lines to it that were compromised and were causing a huge leak not allowing boost to build.
Per the work order sheet: "PLAN AND CHECK TURBO OPERATION REAR TURBO WASTE GATE NOT ACTIVATING....PERFORM VACUUM LEAK DOWN FOUND RESERVOIR NIPPLE SEPARATED R&R FRT AND REAR TURBO VACUUM RESERVOIR AND REPLACE UPPER LINES."
Two Vacuum tanks and two vacuum hoses are on the parts list for being replaced. it was a boost leak that wound up costing me $456 PLUS the money spent on the first diagnostic and pressure sensor

Anyone know exactly what parts and where they are that were involved in causing me this headache so i know for future reference and if this is a known issue?? Hope to anyone else experiencing this problem that that serves as helpful.
Appreciate 0