BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
takrdown
Other car was a submarine

Drives: 2009 BMW 135 Coupe

Wastegate Actuator wrong size?

I just ordered a new rear waste-gate actuator (for the rear turbo) so I could replace the old one. I ordered this one from getbmwparts and it doesn't match the waste-gate actuator that I pulled out of the car. The one that was shipped to me has a shorter arm by about 4 " and the hole that is supposed to be used in too small to fit around where it connects to the actuator.

The plot thickens: I tried this replacement last year and ordered the same exact part number from ECS Tuning. Same issue then and I just tallied it up to my mess up and it was too late to return it until I remembered to.

I've triple checked the boxes and the part numbers and I have in fact been ordering the rear waste gate actuator.

Does anyone who has done this replacement have any insight into what I'm doing wrong? I assume what I'm getting is the front waste-gate actuator but that damn thing is so deep in the engine that I haven't tried to compare....yet.

Coming soon: Koni FSDs with Eibach Springs
      10-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Rob@RBTurbo
Major

Drives: 335I

You probably are ordering the LHD 335 rear turbo actuator and not the 135 actuator. I'd buy the 335 rears if u have extras you need to get rid of, I have to order them on the reg anyway.
      10-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
milocher
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo View Post
You probably are ordering the LHD 335 rear turbo actuator and not the 135 actuator. I'd buy the 335 rears if u have extras you need to get rid of, I have to order them on the reg anyway.
Quick question Rob, can I have a pair of your turbos for free? I'll throw in my current ones, they're oem ($$$) and I'm sure they're special since I have the msport package.

On a serious note, op check your part #'s, 135i turbos are indeed different as Rob suggests.
      10-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
takrdown
Other car was a submarine

Drives: 2009 BMW 135 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo View Post
Ahhhh...I didn't realize there was a difference but that makes sense. Thanks Rob. I was going to email you direct but I didn't want to hog all of your time. I would be willing to sell you the newer one uber cheap as the older one is kinda beat up and I wouldn't feel right selling it to you. I can send you pics.

As far as the 135 actuator...do you have the correct part number for that?

Thanks a ton!!!

Coming soon: Koni FSDs with Eibach Springs