BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-13-2014, 07:40 AM   #1
1msd
Private First Class
6

 
1msd's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Scotland


Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Akrapovic System Alignment

Has anyone had any problems with the alignment of the akrapovic in the rear diffuser? Seems like mine has shifted to the side and cant seem to get it lined up again! Maybe the mounts are a bit worn?? Has anyone used aftermarket mounts?
__________________
Modifying 1M AW
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
125

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

Yes, mine kept shifting too far left. The problem is that the hanger arms on the Akra muffler allow the OE rubber mounts to slide sideways and over the ridge on the hanger bar. It really needs a higher ridge on the Akra hanger or rubber hangers that grip tighter.

I resolved the issue by placing a washer the right side hanger near the raised ridge and locked it down with a cable tie. Hasn't moved sideways for 9 months.

I can try take a photo, but you should get the idea once you get under there and have a look.

See below where you need a washer/cable tie.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BMW 1M VO - Cobb + PTF e-Tune, Akrapovic wireless, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, TurboSmart PB DV's, SSK, CDV, OCC, AWRON Gauge, Hankook RS-3's, Vorshlag Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
1msd
Private First Class
6

 
1msd's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Scotland


Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Yes, mine kept shifting too far left. The problem is that the hanger arms on the Akra muffler allow the OE rubber mounts to slide sideways and over the ridge on the hanger bar. It really needs a higher ridge on the Akra hanger or rubber hangers that grip tighter.

I resolved the issue by placing a washer the right side hanger near the raised ridge and locked it down with a cable tie. Hasn't moved sideways for 9 months.

I can try take a photo, but you should get the idea once you get under there and have a look.

See below where you need a washer/cable tie.

Thats exactly what its doing, shifting to the left! Ill try this and hopefully that will be it sorted! Cheers
__________________
Modifying 1M AW
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
125

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1msd View Post
Thats exactly what its doing, shifting to the left! Ill try this and hopefully that will be it sorted! Cheers
What mid-pipe do you have? Mine is a Maddad and I think it may be a few cm shorter than OEM allowing the muffler to slip left.

The washer fix works for me. Good luck.
__________________
BMW 1M VO - Cobb + PTF e-Tune, Akrapovic wireless, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, TurboSmart PB DV's, SSK, CDV, OCC, AWRON Gauge, Hankook RS-3's, Vorshlag Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 05:47 AM   #5
1msd
Private First Class
6

 
1msd's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Scotland


Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
What mid-pipe do you have? Mine is a Maddad and I think it may be a few cm shorter than OEM allowing the muffler to slip left.

The washer fix works for me. Good luck.
Running the n55 mids and akra decat downpipes.

Ill try this, should workout perfect!

If that fails Ill try an aftermarket mount.
__________________
Modifying 1M AW
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST