08-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #151
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Your point holds merit and is well taken, but there is the underlying reality of what occured here.. True that probably nothing is wrong with this car......This time..... but like i said its the underlying fact that this dealer has persons in there employ that are disrepecting private property, and potentially creating damage and or leagal issues if god forbid a baby carriage was being pushed acrross the intersection when their employee decided to see what the rev limiter sounded like in someone elses car.. Maybe even yours one day. you get my point I hope..

and as far as your Nordschleife comment im with you 100% I was at lime rock in false grid with 1001 miles showing on the clock..BUT that was our choice, wasnt it ... we new the risks.. ( and enjoyed every minute of it )

I guess its like finding out that you and your buddy ended up being "tunnel buddies" with the girl next door... Its just not the same..

or

you went to your favorite diner for a double cheese burger... only to find out that the duch bag in the kitchen decided it was ok to add some "special sauce" to your burger...

one has the right to know or decide to make a choice!!
I completely agree and know from first hand experience what a asshat service tech can do. Two weeks ago I dropped off a SL55 for routine service, a day later it was driven into a curb sideways "trying to avoid an accident". It was in pristine condition garage kept 24/7 '03 model year with only 10k miles on it. I posted some pics over at the general automotive forums. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567774
Appreciate 0