11-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #36
Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtailpipes View Post
since they're track tires, i'm imagining you using them on the track, in which case, an increased stagger is the last thing i'd want. if you're using them on the street, i'd be a little more understanding of the increased stagger (though still generally opposed), but they wont last long. i used to really like the PSC as a daily tire, but that's an expensive game to play.

caster is an adjustment perpendicular to camber, which tilts the strut forward or backward. this is essentially a camber multiplier (can serve to increase or decrease wheel tilt as steering angle increases). speaking broadly, if lateral traction is your goal, these cars like a lot of camber AND caster, but for a mostly stock car like yours, you could add some camber, but should probably leave caster alone. if you're interested in learning more, grassroots motorsport has a great article on basic alignment theory that will get you to first base.

FYI, you may find that the increased mechanical grip you're likely to get out of the R888 (assuming you get them hot enough) increases your sensation of sloppiness in the suspension. generally, you want to stiffen springs, damper settings, and swaybars when adding significant mechanical grip.

Understood. Stickier tires definitely show the softness of the stock stuff. Basically I'll have two set's of stock rims, one with R or A compound tires (depending if I'm autoX or roadcourse) and then a set with my street tires.

I plan on AD08s or PSS's for street tires. I think I'll try to get around -2.0 camber in the front with the Ground Control plates with the 260/30R19 and see how that feels.

Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0