12-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #64
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastbmw View Post
I do not know how I missed this article until now, It was a great read and a great exposure to Harold and the others at HP Autowerks, which in my opinion is one of the most standup vendors out there for the 1 series.

I have always said I would love to put my car up against a 1M and see the outcome. I do love the look of the 1M, but when all is said I walked out of the dealer $8K below sticker with a new 135I and done 100% of the labor on mods myself and I figure I have about $8K still to play with (which should cover turbo, fuel system and a few other upgrades) and with that I would have my sights on much more than a 1M. I would bet my car is a better DD for my 100 mile round trip to work with a much better stereo!!!

This article did make me think my next mod should be a new 1M steering rack, which should be easy enough to get.

All joking aside, because I would hate to ruffle up all the M purist, the 1M is an awesome car without a doubt.
If I could afford to make an exchange for a 1M, I would..but I can't. So I've been looking into the M cars' steering too.
These are the only part #s I found different, so is this the part that makes the steering tighter on the M cars?

The BMW 135 part I found on REALOEM is
hydro steering gear 32106777463 $1,394.37.

The BMW 1M part I found on REALOEM is
hydro steering gear 32102283633 $1,673.24.

The BMW M3 part I found on REALOEM is
hydro steering gear 32102283633 $1,673.24.

Part #1