04-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
Outlaw 06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i (daily driver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Enthusiast View Post
I plan on eventually purchasing a used '09 or '10 (LCI ftw) 335 e90. I would probably plan on keeping it entirely stock (maybe a slight tint and some angel eyes..). What does everyone think about going CPO from a dealer compared to buying from a mom and pop used car lot down the road or a private seller? Is it worth it?
Sometimes the used BMWs at "mom and pop" or other non-BMW used car dealerships have CPO and/or extended maintenance plans that these dealerships aren't aware of. Last month, I had my friendly BMW SA run the VIN on a pretty much bare bones 2008 E90 328xi with almost 60k miles on it for a friend of mine who found the car for sale at a Suburu dealership. Much to my friend's surprise, the car was CPO with full maintenance thru 2014. The Suburu dealer didn't know anything about the CPO or maintenance plan and didn't factor it into the final sale price of the car which was around $15k (the car had been sitting on the dealership's lot for 2 months and they apparently just wanted to get rid of it). My point is that you'll never find a deal like that on a CPO/full maintenance plan car at a BMW dealership. I'm sure he's not the only one with a lucky find like this either.