07-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #19
JHS130
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM 130i 6MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 130i  [0.00]
Once again, thanks for all the replies! I went on a bit of a road trip with my brother yesterday and picked one up. Couldn't be happier with the car (esp for the price I paid) and the owners were fantastic, but more details when I properly introduce myself later

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
I take that you study in Monash (close to SBM)?
Mate, can't fault Southern BM, Andrew is a top bloke, I recent had some mods installed by him on my 130i.

I have had only once encountered the valve ticking, scared the shit out of me, thought something was gonna blown because it was quite loud and rather embarrassing. It was because that day I drove only 2 km 8 hrs apart at 60km in 5th gear. I took it for a longer drive and noise disappeared.
Yep, I live on campus at Clayton during the semester and return home to Sydney in the breaks. I'll definitely be looking at Southern when the time to install mods beyond my ability arrives
Oh and for servicing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iWanted View Post
If the car still has RFTs, check the suspension for worn shocks and bushings!

Mine is at 72,500km, bought it at 54,000km and they were pretty soft back then, they are gone now.

The previous owners must have gone flying over every single speed bump imaginable!
Are you sure it wasn't you that was taking it to the limits?
I didn't check that but the car I got is running on Falken non RFTs. I'll still have a look before I leave for Melbourne next week. Thanks!
Appreciate 0