View Single Post
      08-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #106
MMorbo
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i, 08', Sedona Red

Would be surprised if BMW AU take action... this has obviously been going on for years... and like any entity the corp culture is set from on high... if they keep it internal it will be washed under the rug...

If you are serious about action... First go to your local police station and lodge a case suspecting stolen goods... get a case number... (just the headlights if you must)

Then call your insurance company advising them that you are suspecting insurance fraud may have occurred, provide the details and the police case number that you have lodged.

you can then contact BMW Australia and advise them that this has occurred, you have reasonable suspicion and have lodged a claim for stolen goods with the police, combined with suspected insurance fraud with the insurance company, provide them with the case details and insurance contacts. if you are still a bit annoyed, you may also lodged a complaint with the ACCC...

Alternatively you can advise the dealer and of the above steps, and see i you can get a set of floor matts and an extended warranty...

... also the above is far more civilised then i would do, last time i was in a similar situation with a boss who tried to commit insurance fraud... i politely reminded of what was required to keep me quiet if he went down the path... he did the right thing... (morally.. not in my benefit)