View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #70
UberDawg
Rep
Drives: Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Feel free to ask - just wondering why you keep insisting ?

Are you in the market for buying a 1M and want to convince some potential 1M seller to lower his/her price, or looking for some sort of reassurance of what you perceive as a reality-check ? This ain't no game show quiz and there are no prizes to win.
I entered this thread because I'm in the market and I almost bought a no Nav 1M from a co-worker but backed off because I thought I wanted Nav. Now I am reconsidering but the car already sold. I know exactly what the car sold for and I know how long the car was on the market. There were lots of lookers at 55 but noone was interested. it eventually sold for around 48 to KennyPowers. I posted because most owners who haven't tried to sell their cars (in the US) have what I believe to be a skewed sense of reality as to what the car is really worth.

With my research and access to someone that has actually gone through the process. I believe a stripped 1m is really worth 47-49 depending on miles and a fully loaded 1M may be worth 52-54 based on miles. That is still awesome for owners who have a 1.5 year old car to be able to get MSRP for a used car. But thinking the used market is going to support a 60+ price isnt based in reality. Especially when you are basing the value on what people are asking (but not getting)
Appreciate 0