View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #75
LukeM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Wow, this is a great thread. I've been following the prices of the 1M for 9 months now and I've seen prices from the mid to low 40's all the way up to the mid to high 60's. The ones in the 60's are not really moving and some of them on autotrader as we all know are ex-PDC cars. Also those cars really didn't go out to the public for auction, so it can be said the dealers were able to keep the price artificially high.
Book values can be decieving (check out the value of an E30 M3 and then tell me if you can buy one for that price...... Not a chance!!!)
As each day goes by we're getting closer to the M2 and I'm sure some people from here will be dumping their cars and we'll see more of the 1M's come up and prices drop.
Friend of mine that works at BMWNA and a couple of dealers have hinted that the M2 will sell in the $55k region, thus I'm in no hurry to pay a premium for a used car just because the original owner paid a premium at the dealer and now he wants to pass that premium onto me. Some of these owners are so passionate about their cars that they're pricing is more emotional than rational. Look at the ones on eBay right now, both in the $60's and no bites, no bids. Nav or no nav? Doesn't look like it really makes any difference.
Appreciate 0