View Single Post
      12-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Harills
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hi all, I have recently had some bits and pieces added to my car (135i), and have ended up with a bit of an issue. At around 90-120kph, if I put any load/torque on the car in 4/5/6th gear, the whole car vibrates.... Not as severe shuddering, but a noticeable vibration. It's frustrating... As below these speeds, the car appears fine.

There are no error codes, and I've had it checked and its not missing or HPFP. It appears to be coming from the rear end, but as is the case sometimes, it could be engine related and vibrating through the car.

I had the following work done which has bought this issue on:
M3 rear bushes
M3 rear sway bar
Valve clean
New coils and plugs
Engine/transmission oils changed

Ever since I picked the car up with these done, the issue has been there. I thought maybe with the valve clean and 'more power' that it could have been causing the tailshaft to vibrate, but ultimately, all the valve clean has done is take the car back to 'as new' power, and for the sake of 10 or so extra rwkw, can't see this being an issue.

I've had the car back at the mechanics twice, whom have checked the tailshaft and had it re-aligned and found all rubbers within still ok.

I have since added a Cobb, but this was installed after this issue began, so not the cause of it.

90% of my driving is country driving, but I find the car extremely uncomfortable to drive with this issue now. It's frustrating, as it wasn't there before this work was done.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? I have searched online, but cant seem to find any definitive answers.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year, and thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0