View Single Post
      03-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
urbanstorm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Cobb Accessport for BONE stock 1M

I recently stepped into Cobb Tuning in Plano Texas in the last couple of weeks and spoke briefly to Aaron about the Accessport for the 1M. I had not done any homework at that point and was asking random questions that came to mind.

(Secretly I hoped that he would say, "why, we have a 1M in the back right now if you'd like to see it!", however, he did not)

Anyway, my plans are to keep the car as it came from the factory with the exception of a few cosmetic details. However, I like to do all of my own work, and cringe having to take it to the dealership for warranty work. I want to be fairly self sufficient when the warranty is up. I, like several other people, have had the half power light one day and they had ordered knock sensors after checking the codes. MY fear is that no standard OBD tool will be able to figure out the complexities of the 1M.

That's why I wanted to see the Accessport. I understand that this tool can read all the codes that the 1M can throw.

So, does anyone here run the Accessport with the canned tune on 91 sport (highest grade gasoline I can get) with a completely stock car? I understand that it is not possible to install the cobb without running one of the tunes.

Let me know your findings
Robert
Appreciate 0