View Single Post
      03-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #35
da1edub
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Timely thread

I'm wondering if the Bridgestones run a little wider than the PSSs and other options in that fitment. Same deal here, more or less--installed staggered EC-7s with 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 SO-4s on a stock suspension '08 135i last week, and experienced immediate audible rubbing up front during cornering. After getting the car up on a lift, it's apparent the fronts are getting some pretty substantial rub on the fender well, as well as lightly touching the strut on the inboard side. The rears seem fine. Given that I called Apex twice to confirm that fitment (tire size/wheel combination) was a no-hassle setup on this car, I'm not excited about this development.

The options seem to be to change the tires (either the sizes or brand) or try some additional hardware tweaks to get this wheel setup to work. Camber plates had been next on the list of intended modifications anyhow, so we're we're going to try Vorshlags and 3mm spacers this week to try and gain the necessary outboard and inboard clearance--will update accordingly.
Appreciate 0