04-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #67
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post
The front of my car had ott panel gaps which i asked BMW to Fix. however they plugged in the ecu to find that the car had been travelling in excess of the 155mph it was limited too (used to have the limiter kick in at an indicated 167mph).
Once they found this out they, said this was the reason for the panel gaps around the headlights and fenders etc...
I had my bodyshop take the fenders off etc and re allign which has made a difference.
Im not of the opinion that the hood will pop up at speed but the front end is not aerodynamic and the air has to go somewhere...

cheers Jamie
It is absurd what BMW service said; all 1Ms are limited "in excess of 155mph", it is not any owner's fault or choice, it is simply a misinformation of the BMW as a manufacturer for whatever reason that they found it necessary to go that way. Mine is limited at 266 km/h (165 mph) according to P3Cars gauge which mimics many other reports from different parts of the World.

You should maybe ask them to point a modern M car which is "actually" limited to 155mph

Totally agree about the aero/front end of the car comment of yours by the way.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0