Give_Em_The_DD
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownsurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD View Post
Get the protune...well worth the $$. Ran stage 1+ OTS from Cobb for a while, and was e-tuned by jake@PTF. The Cobb OTS maps are conservative and leave a good amount of hp/tq on the table. Granted i am FBO now, I do remember smiling ear to ear after I got my revised stage1+ map from Jake@ptf.
Ya that's what I've been reading. That the OTS maps are pretty conservative with the COBB. What kinda gains did you see when you got it protuned? and what mods did you have?
I got my first protune when I was stage 1+, don't quote me, but I believe stage1+ has bigger gains OTS than stage 2. After working out all the kinks, I think jake did about 2 revisions on my stage1 + 93 oct. Map, the power gains were pretty significant. Never got it dynoed (Awd dyno time is pricey).

I've been working with Jake for the last 6-7 months. Over those months we have made several adjustments, now that I am FBO (downpipes) and we are in the process of doing an e30 map.

I can't speak highly enough about PTF. Even if you aren't looking for a track monster, or massive dyno #s I would still recommend getting protuned, it's better for YOUR car, then a generic OTS map
Appreciate 0