08-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #86
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli9988 View Post
Where did you acquire the project mu pads from?

I ran Ferodo DS2500 this season, they lasted about 6 - 7 track days before giving up the ghost. They took my stock rotors with them too.

My mechanic was strongly suggesting I consider Hawk DTC70/60 (which I thought to combine with Ti shields to get the heat up) but I opted to go back to stock for the last 2 days of my season.

For next year I guess my options are Hawk DTC70/60, Endless ME20 or these Project Mu you speak of.
Ive been running 0.5mm Ti shields ever since I hit the track a year ago, and the white BMW logo on my front calipers has just started to turn yellow after a few track event with the Project Mu pads. My calipers probably reach higher temperatures as my lap times are now 2-3 seconds faster with these pads as they inspire confidence.

I was recommended these pads by speed-freaks.net as an alternative to the PCF 08 pads. Its no mystery that PFC keep missing their target dates and Im wondering if we will ever see production of 135i pads in 2014!!!
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0