View Single Post
      09-12-2014, 02:36 AM   #5
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
As silver07335i said, manuals are out there, be patient they're worth the wait. Not that the AT is bad, just not as fun if you're an MT kinda guy.

If you're getting a car with Nav its best to get an 09 or later, much better infotainment set-up.

As a daily driver it doesn't get much better than the 335. Comfort, refinement, plenty of power, good gas mileage (Over almost 70k miles i've averaged 22.5 mpg with fairly aggressive combined driving, near 30 mpg for long freeway trips). Suspension-wise the 335 will feel kind of soft when you push it hard compared to the Z, the trade off for having a more comfortable car. A set of coilovers will mostly fix that.

Be sure to read up on common problems with these cars and set aside some $$. Depending on the mileage some common problems are Vanos solenoid, water pump, injectors, coils to name a few. I've had a mild tune on mine for 20k miles, still on the original water pump, injectors, coils, but I do need to replace my Vanos solenoids (easy job and about $250). A lot of these cars have been pretty unreliable, others like mine have been very reliable. I say look at its service records, how often its been in the shop. If it's been a good car for the last few years it is likely to stay that way. If it's been in the shop non-stop i'd expect it to stay that way.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0