12-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #66
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39, E91, E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

I should warn you... after you do the RSB and ditch your RFT's... your gonna want to start working on upgrading the rest of the 1er's suspension. Its a Rabbit hole we all have gone down.

Dackel
Search button would have served me well

The rabbit hole is exactly why I'm afraid to do ANYTHING yet. I like the car as-is but there is room for significant improvement. Plus, I grew somewhat used to the the loose rear end after 3 years in my e92 335i. It really bothered me coming out of an e36 m3 into the e92 though.

Currently my car sees daily driving duty, I have an e36 build in the works that will see all of my track and auto-x time. However, that doesn't stop me from wanting a sharp handling daily. I think the smart and most cost effective way to do it is to ride out my current setup until my rear tires are worn. When they're toast, I'll do a complete refresh with all the little 1M/M3 bits, sways, shocks/springs, and tires all at once. Completely agree with you that tires are one area you should never skimp on.

Thanks for the thorough rundown!

For now I'll put my time, effort, and funds towards my xenon retrofit which will yield more noticeable results on my 70mph drive home in a straight line.
Appreciate 0