01-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #20
370z-135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 370z trading for 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4bspinnin View Post
2 things:

1 - Never buy a car from CarMax. They recycle gas. You know that 1991 Pontiac grand prix with a rod knock. Yup, that gas got sucked out, dumped into their tank and put into your 2008+ 135i. Their extended warranty is also crap. It gives them permission to put used or reman parts on your car since the replacement part is at their discretion.

2 - I really wish you would have bought LCI black lines instead of painting your stockers. That fad just needs to go away. You can get the desired look by splitting the tail light and painting the insides. (I've done over 100 sets for various models)
In my opinion, you should clean off that stuff and switch them out for blacklines. Hell, if you're really hell bent on painting those tails, i'll trade you for my 09's.

EDIT - I do like the way your car sits though. Its a nice clean drop.
1. Don't even bring up buying a car from carmax as I have a fantastic story that would deter others from carmax or at least trust them as much as any old guy on the street (I would trust a stranger more probably). Regardless, you all know that finding this car black on black MT un-modded is extremely difficult and not cheap. There were only a few available within a thousand miles and this was the only one that met the criteria. It was a commuter car and mechanically very sound. I learned a ton about buying cars this time around.

2. It's no big deal to take the tint off, just a 5 minute job and back to stock. I am going to try to attempt a spray tint version of the shadowline lights and if it's hideous, I'll just remove the tint entirely. No harm no foul, I just wanted to see how it would look.

So you open up the lights and paint the inside? What is the process of opening them and does it look pretty good? Do you have pictures of a set already done? I'm not dying to switch out the lights, I was just home sick with an old bottle of spray tint I found while cleaning up.

Thank you, the drop definitely helps transform the car.

P.S. Upon seeing another car with black out lights (poorly done, not near as classy as my work, hahaha), I immediately thought, "how cheesy looking." It was still worth doing to keep me entertained for a couple hours why home sick.
Appreciate 0