United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i/3000gt vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNY 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR View Post
Not true at all.

1. The cvj's have a 15psi cracking pressure. Guess where anything greater than 15psi in the system goes?
2. The CVJ's are designed to be anti-siphon not to hold pressure
3. When your car is off and engine bay temps increase under the hood it increases the pressure in the lines (already at 15psi) and causes them to bypass not leak. They are working as designed.
4. Methanol vaporizes so well in some race applications they dont even bother using efficient atomizing jets the literally shoot streams at the valves.
5. The stumble on start is due to added fuel that wasn't accounted for.
6. I have probably ran most configurations of DPI and can tell you from experience that using the non-CVJ's is a preferred method. Once you let off the gas and create a vacuum in the manifold it'll siphon the lines so quick you and your car wont notice. This works particularly good when you run a 7th jet in the CP and have a air source to fill the void.

Your thinking of the check valve backwards. Its not a check valve to prevent flow its a check valve to prevent siphoning. The spring tension is the only thing that prevents methanol from going into the manifold. You also need to go up a size to get proper flow. Jets are rated by delta of ATM. so to properly calculate a jet size it needs to be "Jet flow@ X - boost pressure" or for CVJ's "Jet flow @ X - boost pressure - 15psi"
I don't really agree that there is still pressure in the lines. mainly because once the pump turns off, there is no pressure in the lines. I've tested this. and I've never had pressure in lines with the pump off. Yes, methanol vaporizes fairly quickly when not atomized (100% agree). but in an instance where people run mixes and not just 100% methanol. the water does not vaporize as fast.

I've noticed slower AFR swings not using check valves, so it does effect the car. If they were leaking, I guarantee the check valves had build-up of debris or they damaged. So with that i'll agree to disagree, as it seems we both have experienced different things. just giving my opinion from experience over the years.
You shouldn't have any Afr swings using meth. If you notice a difference in flow or capacity it's because you effectly loss flow due to the 15psi spring. That isn't compensated
Appreciate 0