View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #101
YarkoDrives
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is 98FS, 128i, 335xi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru View Post
Shifting into 2nd and 3rd gear wants to spin but power is reduced just enough to stop the spin and lurch forward.

As soon as i turn the steering, the torque is reduced at the engine not with braking even in 1st gear. It's really interesting to throw the car in 1st gear while turning a corner and get no wheel spin. I get just enough forward motion to keep tires planted.
Once your moving the vehicle uses a downshift rev match program:
front wheel speed sensors determine the vehicle speed, and throttle is cut to match RPMs.

I don't believe there is a gate sensor on the MT selector. The program assumes a downshift of 1 gear. based on braking?

You could try skipping from 4th to 2nd and see if you can get wheel slip.
-- The Shift program may just be a part of the intervention.
-- I got rid of my 135, and am running a 128 now.

Another option is to run slightly taller rears. then the program allows the rear wheels to be running a little faster (the same RPM on a larger circumference). With this configuration on my 128 I can lose the back end if I don't rev match. It should have a dramatic effect on the 135.

Also an advantage of the tall tire is it adds margin to the eDiff slip limit, as the rear wheels are normally spinning at a slower RPM than the fronts, the program rarely can see rear slip.

I'm running 245/40/17 Front and 245/45/17 rear.
Appreciate 0