10-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #41
gixracer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M3/SlickN55/SlickN54/128

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaf View Post
crazy build! I'm itching to do this swap!!! Are you throwing in the entire m3 suspension as well? I'm pretty much in a limbo right now to do mine. I have all the parts ready, just need to get my driveshaft customized.
I had a complete E90 M3 for the build. Front and rear suspensions are in. I am waiting to get 1m specific Ohlins and springs.

It’s much cheaper with a salvage car, everything that I have no need for I have sold. So far I have about $3200 back from the donor purchase. The 1m specific stuff is expensive because there isn’t a used parts market. I did get lucky and saved a grand on my exhaust so far.

I got a close out supersprint axleback from a large store( no sponsor so no real plug). I am not using the edc because the retrofit is nuts unless I had a coupe for a donor. It would have been a fun harness swap that way.

Right now the goal is to get the car up and running then get off to body/paint then finish with the mundane stuff