03-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
my car is officially broken in.. first long roadtrip.

I drove from Virginia to the border of NC/SC.. stopping at various places along the way.. Usually i would have taken my daily driver but I needed the navigation. A few of Pros / Cons, some of this has already been mentioned before.

1. I was caught in a thunderstorm on 95, the brakes were an absolute charm to work with. This must be mostly due to the Enhanced Braking System which kept the brakes dry.. I could tell a big difference between this and the brakes on my 1991 LS400

2. The auto sensing windshield wipers is on crack, it always wanted to go maximum speed. I found myself quite frequently just manually adjusting the speed.

3. The ride on the run-flats isquite harsh, i would love to go to PS2s but having no spare tire is not so comfortable.

4. The seats are a bitch to adjust. I let my friend drive for the 2nd half of the trip and i could not get the seats back to where i liked it even when i had memory setting saved, it just didn't feel right again.. The drive back, my lower back started hurting.

5. Searching for businesses suck ass using the navigation. Especially when you don't know what category it falls under, i wish there was a "search all categories" button.

6. When you turn off the navigation screen, i wish it would turn off completely, not just shut off the graphics and leave the screen on. It can be quite distracting at night when you just want it off.

7. Traffic info is so retardly late. Only after 10 mins of being stuck at a traffic jam did it tell me there was a traffic jam there. Then the dynamic re-routing was going to take me pretty adrift.. I turned it off and worked out alot better. It did prompt me if i wanted to re-route.

8. I wish there was an auto-scaling feature. Based on your route list, if you get on the interstate, it would scale out to 1 or 2.5 mile scale and when you get on to the local roads, it will zoom into 400m or 800m.

9. I thought the first oil change was due at 15,000? However, my car is saying it's due at 12,000 miles.. will this still be covered under the maintanence plan?

10. The ipod adapter is the best thing. Having 60gb at your disposal to hear anything you want at anytime was great. I can't believe I lived without this in my previous rides.

11. Why do we have to remove the navi dvd to play an MP3 DVD.. They should have made the DVD drive on both slots, it doesn't cost them any different.

12. The car gets great looks, I have been getting complements everywhere. And I am mostly stock, I could only imagine what most of you guys get.

13. The Valentine One is god's gift to mankind. Saved my ass 3 times this weekend.

14. Cruising at ~85mph, it seemed like the tranny got lazy.. When at a few on-ramps, it didn't want to downshift that quickly. Thank god for the paddles, they are so damn convenient, especially when you have a drink in one hand. I Don't trust those cup holders for a damn.

15. The "Theater" settings in the Logic 7 is pretty damn useless unless you have a NavTV tuner or the euro navi that plays DVDs.

16. The audio system does lack quality, i can't wait for the BSW line to be available.

Sorry for the useless Rant, i just wanted to let it out. I love this car, it's an absolute charm to drive. The power is there whenever you want it, the interior is great and comfortable. Probably the best car i have ever owned.