03-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #269
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender13Bender View Post
Looks awesome! My only suggestion is moving your mac solenoid and associated lines. I think it really takes away from the appearance on that side of the bay and looks kinda tacky.
I do wish there was a dedicated housing for the solenoid, but keeping the lines short and using SS were more of a priority than hiding it completely. I'd have to disagree about anything inside that engine bay looking tacky however!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Hey Chad,

Fantastic work, and it does look like a bundle! You must have been so excited to fire it up, and so relieved when everything fired up without blowing up or leaking! Great job! Really eager to read your impressions when you're able to get on it a bit compared to the twins...

At any rate, please let me know if you do have a chance to take a look under there again at some point to verify what exactly is still there in the way of springs. Below are a couple pics to jog your memory (and so you don't go scroll happy). The first is the diagram from RealOEM.com where the springs of interest are #18 (#'s 19, 20 & 21) and #15.

The second is your own pic of the process showing #18 (#'s 19, 20 & 21) removed and laying on the footwell floor.

Hopefully that may set the hippocampal neurons buzzing afresh. Thanks again and good luck with the performance testing!

ianc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjswarbrick View Post
Looks like his plastic stock pedal. Everything's lying on the footwell floor!

I think I recognize the lower hook end of the #15 spring hanging just below the dash directly in front of the brake pedal lever arm (due to the angle of the shot.) I had forgotten how much fun that was to stretch, align, and pop into place, too.

The nice thing about the UCP is you've got 3 choices of mounting positions for that Item #19 spring. I chose the middle "sport" arrangement. If I ever get to where spending 1/2 hr upside down under the dash seems like a good idea again, perhaps I'll move it to the "race" position and see how it changes. As-is, (UCP, CDV-Delete, oversize clutch stop) the clutch is worlds better than stock and a complete and utter joy to use.
If only I could realign the brake pedal more in line with the accelerator for more successful heel-and-toe at around-town actuation levels...
None of the parts seen in that picture were re-installed and yes, that is the stock plastic pedal with the Performance Pedal still attached. So IIRC, 18 (19, 20 and 21 too) was removed, and I never replaced it with anything. The new included metal top shoulder bolt was installed on the UCP, slave was reattached, 15 was reattached to the UCP, and that was all.

Stop overthinking it! Just get the UCP!
Appreciate 0