View Single Post
      08-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #6
HMM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
Haha! Sweet! I have a bad habit of once I get something in my head im determined to make it work no matter how much time I sink into it. After dealing with gas pressure washers, cheapo electric pressure washers and they all failing after 6 months or so I got pissed off enough and searched for a more permanent "pro solution" in my searching I came across this: https://f.bepowerequipment.com/pw-el...1-9cdfeaf35f4c but at $2800 bucks that was alot of coin....I then got to looking at it and I was like "Hell ill reverse engineer it and save some coin" (incase your wondering I was able to build it for ~$1485)

Well I successfully in being able to remake it but not without more hours then I care to admit. my background is automating homes and estates so I thought this would be easy....well, you cant just control a 5hp electric motor without some industrial controls! (that took some learning and research)

long story short, had I put a dollar amount on my time researching it I could have bought the one I was copying 20 times over Problem being Im in the "more power" category and the " better to have and not need then to need and not have" I got a 250 ft hose, crank up the pressure and power wash my house and driveway without having to drag around a gas/cord/hose...Its one of those first world luxuries that once you have you cant not have it!

my plan for the cabinet is to have my pressure washer remotely located and run two lines to the cabinet so I can have the foam cannon and pressure washer wands side by side (so I dont have to swap them out) and then have my regular hose pressure reel within the other two reels.

My goal is to have a completely self contained washing cabinet so I can be from dry car to washing in under 2 minutes!

sounds like you have a sweet setup! I cant do it now but when I redo the garage next year im running a hot line out!
Sweet! And yeah I'm worried that mine will not last long term. But my shop vac is almost 15 years old so I'll probably upgrade both the next time one goes down. I try not to have anything on the ground in my garage and if it is on the ground, it has wheels so I can roll it around. But I mop my garage floor so I'm nuts...lol And I have piped my compressed air system so I have quick disconnects at each tire along the wall and one in between the garage doors for the tires not next to a wall.

I would love to valve in a header so I had the ability to have two wands at the ready. But since I hand wash after I have plenty of time to swap nozzles. I leave my car foamed up while I rinse my foam cannon out and then I completely spray it down with a pressured nozzle. After that is when I go to town with the garden hose and double bucket method using a microfiber mitt. I also wash the inside of the wheels during tire rotations to get to the spots I can't easily clean with the wheel brushes I use.

My wife says they are just cars and rolls her eyes at my efforts. But thankfully she realizes that I put that much effort into caring for her as well. Her coworkers are always amazed that her 8 year old car is so perfect when they take it to lunch. I'm lucky she realizes it even tho she pokes at me for it...lol
Appreciate 0