09-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #9191
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Is that driveshaft recall generally a reason that you get reduced power after revving the engine hard?
It does talk about a loss of power in my link regarding a 750 xDrive, which is all-wheel-drive. Then it mentions another incident with a 2012 135i.

Quote:
According to the chronology that BMW submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the company received its first complaint of this problem on August 2, 2016, when the driver of a 2012 BMW 750i xDrive reported a loss of power. An investigation eventually found the problem with the CV joint, and the company issued a service action for the affected all-wheel-drive 7 Series models.

On November 30, 2016, the company received a report of the driveshaft breaking on a 2011 BMW 335d that caused damage to the vehicle's underbody and interior. Further research by the automaker showed three other incidents of the problem. An investigation indicated the same durability issue with the CV joint. Yet another case of this issue came to the company's attention on January 24, 2017, involving a 2012 135i.