hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Classy looking car...

Did you ever do your suspension upgrades?

Or still trying to decide what to go with?

Very nice photo, btw.
Thanks!

haha, i've FINALLY decided to go with the Bilstein B8's with my existing m-sport springs. i went back and forth with the Koni Yellows and just replacing the darn things with full 100% OEM M-sport dampers. after all this back and forth, i decided on the B8's.

to me, being able to 'adjust' the dampers on the Koni Yellows is actually a disadvantage. i am more of a 'set it and forget it' and want things to work straight out of the box. this is my daily driver and having to toy around with the suspension settings would just be damn annoying. OH! and did i mention that the rears are NOT externally adjustable? so every time i want an adjustment done, i'll need to bring the car to my mechanic, tear stuff apart, pay for labour, and repeat until i deem the settings 'good'? that is just ridiculous for me!

i'll be getting the suspension install kit from ECS tuning so i could refresh some of those parts as well.

the only issue here now is that Bilstein B8's have been on back order for a long long long time. not too sure when they'll arrive but in the meantime, i'll just ride in blown springs.

surprisingly, blown bmw dampers don't feel that bad! i remember in other cars i've owned; if the dampers were shot, then you could tell super easily whereas right now, the ride quality is still quite firm and good. it rebounds nicely... honestly, i wouldn't have even known that i needed to replace the dampers if i didnt physically inspect them! maybe this goes to show the high quality-ness of bmw!
Appreciate 1
Esteban44722.00