11-27-2018, 07:00 AM   #34
Blu3RSX
Industrial Designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i. It's blu3 ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The 135i's eat coolant from time to time... so don't worry about that. IF you shut off the engine when it's been run hard... the coolant does seem to evaporate, from cooling the turbos.

The reason I asked IF you know what hot coolant smells like is bc most people don't. It usually smells sweet to most people.

Best thing to do is get a coolant pressure tester... pump it up on a cold engine and come back in a few hours to see IF the pressure has gone down. IF it has, then you can move on in your diagnosis.

Any dealer can also look up the warranty work... IF it was under two years ago... replacement parts still have a warranty(with labor!) if replaced at a BMW dealer.

Dack
Luckily, the previous owner (first owner) got the car in Tallahassee and has had it serviced here before we got it so they literally have all its work history, which is fortunate.

I'm actually impressed by their level of service as they were very accommodating when we had questions before we bought it. There is an issue with the windshield seal around the rearview mirror so I'll see if they can look into that as well.

To be honest, I was a bit concerned about getting into a BMW since I've been a lifelong Honda fan but, other than the special Torx tools, it's not too bad to work on from what I've watched in several YouTube videos. In fact, after changing the oil and cabin air filter, I'm looking forward to doing some work on it...but, you know, not wishing for my car to break down. lol
BMS Pedal Tuner
ARM 5" Intercooler
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10641.50