02-11-2019, 10:08 AM   #7
InsideWorld
Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 135i | BMW E91 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losttide View Post
Do the buttons on the fob still unlock/lock the car?

I have an n55, but the comfort access wasn't working on my 135i when I got it. The buttons on the fob worked, though. I replaced the fuse in the dash and got the doors to work. However, the keyless ignition and trunk still didn't work. I found that the passive go module had gotten wet and the chip inside was corroded. I got an used one from an e90 328i off Ebay for $60 and the comfort access has worked since.

Check your fuses then the passive go module.

The fuse was a 5amp. I don't remember which fuse it was, but I think it was fuse 56, 72, or 73.

The passive go module is located under the floor of the trunk in the corner by the passenger side taillight.

hopefully it's just a fuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losttide View Post
Do the buttons on the fob still unlock/lock the car?

I have an n55, but the comfort access wasn't working on my 135i when I got it. The buttons on the fob worked, though. I replaced the fuse in the dash and got the doors to work. However, the keyless ignition and trunk still didn't work. I found that the passive go module had gotten wet and the chip inside was corroded. I got an used one from an e90 328i off Ebay for $60 and the comfort access has worked since.

Check your fuses then the passive go module.

The fuse was a 5amp. I don't remember which fuse it was, but I think it was fuse 56, 72, or 73.

The passive go module is located under the floor of the trunk in the corner by the passenger side taillight.

hopefully it's just a fuse.
Thanks I've never heard anything about a fuse or the go module I'll check when i get home today!
Appreciate 0