View Single Post
      02-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
craina
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 m2c

A few more thoughts:

Performance numbers (0-60, 1/4 mile) are pretty close between the two cars but the 1m feels significantly faster. The 993 requires a lot more work to go fast - it is very rewarding to rev out and you need to rev it out to get to the power. It is pretty gutless below 4k. My car is a '95 so no varioram, those have a bit more low end tq. Do some research on differences between years, all have some pluses and minuses. It is extremely expensive to get more power out of the 993 but a few tweaks will really wake it up.

Neither car has ever left me stranded but there are more little issues to fix with the 993. Right now one of the hvac mixing servos is bad, so with heat at full blast hot air will come out of all vents except the driver footwell . My e36 m3 was the same way, but the 993 parts are way more expensive. Thats just part of owning a 25 year old German car. I keep a spare dme relay and some belts in the 993 just in case.

Like you I just wanted to try something different. Driver quality 993's can be had for mid 40's. Drive a few and make sure you ask for records.
Appreciate 1
JP-1M171.00