03-06-2019, 05:48 AM   #14
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattF407 View Post
Rmtt, apologies if it came across that I was not supportive of your goals with this thread. I like your approach, and hope it helps point us N51ers in the right direction.

1. N51 or N52 Engine?
N51 - w/S.A.P. Delete

2. Exhaust setup from headers back...eg (Secondary Cats, no Secondary Cats, etc) ?
SS Headers, SS straight pipes, SS muffler

3. Who is your tune from?
BPC

4. How long have you had them installed?
About 1 year

5. Do you still have an idle issue, or did you finally get it resolved?
Yes, i experience 2 states of rough idling. 1) Decent, little to no fluctuation at most about 200 rpm (from 500-700). 2) Mild, strong fluctuations with about a 500-700 rpm fluctuation (from 300-~1000+). The second is reminiscent of the car trying to kill.

No apology needed. I didn't take it that way at all. In fact I started this thread probably because I was scared of what would happen when I installed my headers.

But after reading various posts and seeing all the things that people have tried, I figured a thread like this would be good to consolidate everyone's experiences in one place where we could all benefit from it.

The only thing I wish I did different was when I asked about tune, was ask to specify if it was "mail-order" or at an actual shop on a dyno.

I know that BPC is close to many people, and I know that AA has their shops all over with their licensed guys.

So unless the mail-order tunes are being loaded, data-logged, and then returned for adjustment...it's hard to quantify. I know with tuning on my Corvettes over the years using HP Tuners, it would always take at least 3 runs on the dyno with some adjustments made to dial it in.