View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 08:44 PM   #1
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Backup Camera Joy

I know some drivers think that a back up camera is unnecessary. After driving my wife's 2018 Subaru on a couple trips, I realized what I had been missing.

After a few hours of research, I settled on the Boscam K7. It is wireless, easy to install, affordable at $129 ($99 on Prime Day), and has logical guidance lines. It arrived yesterday and I installed it today. I could not be happier with the ease of installation, the quality of the product and the clarity of the image.

The simplicity of this set up amazes me. Power for the camera comes from the reverse lights, power for the display comes from the 12V accessory socket. The signal is sent wirelessly from the camera to the screen when shifting into reverse. I simply attached the 5 in LED screen at a convenient location on the dash with 3M Velcro. I only had to drill one small hole through the right license plate light fixture for the camera cable.

Just wanted to share as a solution for anyone who wants to install an aftermarket back up camera, but lacks a factory iDrive screen on which to show the image.

Peace... Mack
Attached Images

So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 2
Dackelone10636.50