08-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #72
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCoverRoll View Post
Hi all,

I've had a scare the other day driving my 135is on the freeway (DCT). I was exiting the freeway when suddenly I got a transmission malfunction warning stating that I need to drive the car moderately. I was able to lurch my way home and noticed that it would skip gear 2 and 4 - so when I was in complete stop, it would engage 1st gear, and then 3rd after revving the engine (manual mode did not work). I turned off the car and had it towed to a local independent mechanic, who found that the error cleared itself, and suspected that it could be an issue with the mechatronic unit (he didn't see any leaks). I've driven it for the past few days without any issues (both in manual mode and in auto mode). I'm taking it to dealer for a second opinion, but wanted to check whether anyone has had similar experience? thanks!
Does the transmission temperature warning light come on? Your issue sounds like a big pain I went through. Had to really rev the engine high up to get it to start moving. The transmission would down shift very harshly at what seemed to be random times (would downshift into high RPM while driving casually). The error would clear itself for me too, but it would come back all the time as well, either randomly while driving, or as I pulled into the driveway of the duplex I was living at. Let me know if this is what you have, I can talk you through my thoughts and what I did to fix it.
Appreciate 0