View Single Post
      08-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #20
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Header Installation Help!!

I did do the MILVs (as well as the 3IM) and coming from just an AA tune with AA headers /axle back exhaust it makes it feel like I really did add headers again. I feel like the best way to know if the MILVs really do make a difference is to do the job incrementally which I didn't do (opting to do it all at once to save money as well as time since they'd be in my engine bay already)

What I can say is that the car sings even louder and pulls hard especially in 2nd/3rd where it matters.. the DISA valves add more of the whoosh sound (more air coming in) and with the StageFP tune there isn't a hesitation in power between gears unlike the last tune which at times felt a little surge-y and in other situations felt like it needed more oomph. Being FBO, the car now definitely drives like it should!

Bob did get the Dyno in.. he's had it since June. I'm sure it'll be worth your while to go get it done there and even though I could have had an NYC shop do the 3IM/MILVs (my local trusted shop wanted to do this but they had no Dyno and I didn't wanna go with an OTS tune) I wanted the job done right as well as done by guys who have done this on multiple cars. Kinda wished I went with their tune (BPC at the time) from the beginning but I'm also glad I waited for this. Here's my car on the rollers

tbh I'm more than satisfied with what I have now and won't go to ESS route as I've heard conflicting things about this.. there's a guy out there who put a turbo on the N52 (togs_N52 on Instagram) but haven't gotten to chat with him about that job. Seems interesting. I wanna get back the power that I lost through parasitic transmission loss as I have an AT and do plan to convert to a MT in the cars life (the guys at stage even offered to help with that). Next batch of mods are lights for me (found a really good shop in NJ specializing in lights) and suspension work! Keep me posted if you do decide to do so it would be great to follow that build.
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8222.00