Originally Posted by Afam28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam28 View Post
Finished my suspension mods...
Alignment getting done this weekend...
Car feels completely different...

What i did want to mention though is my mechanic, who has been working on the N54 platform for a while, voted against me putting on my M subframe bushings. He said it wouldn't make that much of a difference over stock due to the suspension mods that I had done. He also mentioned that my current bushings were just fine.

What do you guys think. It's a 900.00 job that wasn't worth it is what I was told. I've done my research as best as I can which I why I bought them in the first place. But when a shop that works on bmws primarily and has a great reputation says otherwise I figured I should take the advice.

What do you guys think?
Interesting. You'll get a whole lot of differing opinions. There is a thread on rubber vs Al on here that is active now.

I did inserts as a relatively easy diy and not expensive. They helped a good bit but not huge. Also looked at them as increasing the bushings life by taking some of the load. However, I still feel a little step out on long sweeping curves when hitting road imperfections. I really don't know if M (or stiffer) rsfb's would eliminate this. Car is pretty stiff so that little wiggle might be expected.
Read that thread before I posted here...
I know it's a " go to" upgrade, but was just wondering what I should do now.

I have the bushings in my garage, and my initial thought was to save them and install them down the line when/if my stock bushings go bad and second thought...sell them!

I plan on keeping my car for as long as possible. It's not my daily, so maybe I should just keep them.

I think I literally read every post on here about the subframe bushings before I bought them so i know i had the right idea.

Oh well!
I added the insets & differential brace. The two of them really locked down the rear end. That said the Ohlins R&T & stiffer springs took it to another level of control & comfort.