View Single Post
      10-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #19
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Thank you all for the replies, I updated the OP a couple days ago to explain why I was considering these over a simple fender pull: Our quick-shade blew over at HyperFest back in May and hit my car in the fender, right on the crease at the front of the fender, right where the geometry is fairly complex, of course. If it’s cheaper to do the wider fenders than repairing my original ones, I’ll just do the N5Tuner ones, if it isn’t cheaper, though, I’ll have to think about it...

My goal isn’t exclusively to fit more tire, it’s to fit more tire further out, ideally negating the front/rear track width difference on our cars (front is narrower by an inch on a 128i with a square wheel/tire setup), which would help with understeer (not that my car is suffering with understeer anymore ). I’m not too worried about rubbing, since my car has such stiff springs, the suspension hardly moves. I’ve got a cool picture of it going around VIR, and it barely compressed 1.5 inches at full cornering force (that was when it still had a front sway bar, mind you) with 225 RE71R’s.