View Single Post
      05-09-2020, 08:46 PM   #19
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Hey @Jeb_, how did you find this mod? I, too stumbled upon that thread about MC swaps being somewhat 50-50 in terms of improvement. I wanted to do the whole F30 front brake swap and actually have all parts except for the MC itself, but hesitant due to losing that pedal feel. The tiny front brake for the 128i has been sufficient for me so far with the way I drive on track and besides, I still have a very thick race pad on there that I can use this season. I’m looking tonsave some weight upfront with this upgrade eventually and wanted to everything right the first time. I’m not as technical as you but really try to do my research from others’ experiences and hopefully learn from it.

Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb_ View Post
I got the master cylinders swapped today. Just have to reattached the booster to the firewall and then bleed the system. Got brake fluid everywhere and got frustrated with how little room there is to get to everything, but overall it wasn't too difficult. I guess I should wait to see if the MC is making a good seal with the booster before I say that though.

I worked through it a little faster than I usually like because I was losing sunlight, but it seems like it would be a lot more difficult to swap the booster too. Even with the booster unbolted I was only able to tilt it upward slightly before it hit on stuff. I did disconnect the brake lines at the master cylinder because I thought it might cause slightly less air to get into the system. If you disconnect at the DSC module that may make things a bit easier, but the lower nut on the MC is probably always going to be a pain to get too. I think the DSC module and maybe some additional lines would need disconnected to be able to get the booster out of there.
Appreciate 0