09-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #22
c0bra
Commander ;)
United_States
Rep
Drives: E88 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennwerkes View Post
One interesting observation was that the nuts on the original lens were really tight! To a point where I unscrewed the the mount out of the light. I have no idea why anyone would want to tighten it that much. In fact, I could finger tighten the nuts all the way down to the base and then I back off a bit hoping it'll prevent future cracking. Now I just hope it won't leak.
Recently replaced mine, and the nuts were on way too tight. I ended up pulling out 2 mounts and couldn't even get the nuts off the mounts, so I was lucky I had replacement nuts. The prior replacement was done at a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCNewman View Post
Anyone figure out a way to prevent or at least prolong this issue? I thought about hitting it with a heat gun prior to install to help it mold to shape.I'm replacing mine after 16 months. Thinking Doorman or China next time around.
Recently installed, so idk how long it's going to last... Hand tightened the nuts from inside out (torque is supposed to be 2.5 Nm), filed down the tab more than it already was (dealer had filed some and used new springs), and used Dremel to remove notch on OEM replacement.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...lights/PoMpSk4
Appreciate 0