View Single Post
      12-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #14
mousefarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando93 View Post
I have the exact same leak as the OP on my 06 330i. At this time, I am getting a "low coolant" warning every other day. It has been getting worse. Before it was every two weeks, then every week. Of course I'll replace it, but at the moment I was thinking of applying some JB weld. I was wondering how long a JB weld repair can last?
Any response is appreciated

I think it will leak even with JB Weld. I plastic welded and kept the leak down for a few months. You could probably keep the leak reduced for maybe a year but will still have to keep adding coolant.

Its really risky though because the plastic is basically weakened. When I took off the hose on the top, pieces of the plastic could be easily broken off with my hand. Plastic shouldn't be used for such an application but the geniuses at BMW decided this sort of plastic was fine.

I kept the plastic weld on for a few months and then scraped it off with a screwdriver in the parking lot across from BMW when I had the warranty appointment scheduled and let them replace it for free under SULEV.

Last edited by mousefarmer; 12-09-2020 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0