View Single Post
      01-31-2021, 12:13 PM   #1
j7jrt
Registered
Rep
Drives: E88 m sport

E88 roof won’t open

Hi
New to the forum and done a bit of searching and was hoping there would be a similar issue.
Just got the wife a 2009 m sport.
The roof does not open and was hoping to trouble shoot it myself.
Story so far
1. Push roof open and red flashing light
2. Checked tray in boot and pulled down
3. Push roof open and all 4 windows drop then other button roof opening? Goes green.
4. Push green button windows go back up.

Next steps and help needed
Fuses, micro switches, motor in boot and fluid check, motor in hood near windscreen.

Can anyone help I will do a write up if I sort it to help others unless there is one?
I find it strange YouTube isn’t full of fixes they must not go wrong much?

Update 1
The motor on the latch assembly working as proved it with Alan key in and it spun around.

Went in boot and found the motor and it was very damp and a bit rusty so looks like that is the problem. Any good places for replacement other than eBay?
Also why is the boot on drivers side wet is it common issue?

Update 2

Ordered a new motor and fitted for £100
Roof now opens all the way, the last bit where convertible top box comes down sticks open.

Looks like nobody has any advice as it’s been on a week and not one response. I’ll keep going and updating

Update 3

I have now found the hall sensor has broken away from the frame behind the drivers side under the roof cover. Does anyone know where to buy one? Has anybody else had this or know of which hall sensor does what. Does this sensor stop the roof cover from closing?. It closes back down when the roof goes back up but won’t do the final part when the roof goes down.

One reply would be nice as I feel like I’m talking to nobody!

Thanks

Last edited by j7jrt; 02-09-2021 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0