View Single Post
      03-26-2021, 11:48 AM   #40
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

So, MMR graciously offered me a 10% discount if I wanted to get one to experiment with. I am conflicted. I really like it but I know it will take a little bit of work to fit and the VAC Motorsports one is direct fit (with welding).

I did some study of the two pans and the MMR baffle (ass much as is possible with pics on the internet) and made this graphic.

Blue dotted lines are where I see the MMR fitting. This appears to mean nothing in the rear will be a fitment problem.

Yellow circles are reference bolt holes.

Red circles illustrate where the MMR baffle is shaped on the drivers side (US) for the F series pan that the E series pan is different. I am not sure this will matter as the MMR baffle will still be "snug" against that side, and honestly, that side isn't the side we worry about as much.

Green line is the angle of the F series pan and my estimation of it overlaid on the E series pan.

Green circles indicate where i think there is significant difference. The MMR baffle is contoured to fit the "steps" in the F series pan. The good news is that it appears the F series pan requires that part to be taller than the E series, so it would be a cutting/grinding solution, not a "build up" solution.

Anyone else see any significant pitfalls? I don't know why I've become a bit obsessed with this thing, but I kinda am. I blame houtan for posting the link.

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0