View Single Post
      07-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #6
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phloozy View Post
I found a video to demonstrate. In the video at 38 seconds watch the downshit into T5 of thunderbolt at NJMP. You can see the RPMs basically dont move from 5k rpm during the downshift. It seems to cut throttle because i am 100% hitting it with my heel, but it also prevents the car from clutch kicking it seems by holding the car at 5k rpm.

From what I have seen with my 135i logs, if you do any kind of shifting too fast in these cars you hit a torque limiter. If you upshift too fast there is a torque limiter as well... the next gear will bog for several hundred rpm.

N54 platform released a "shift bog" fix which addresses torque limiter 2048. The same has not been done for N55 yet. I am sure the DME logic is the same as N52 dme in regard to torque limiters around shifting. It's brutal... time for a standalone.

While I hate shifting slow... it is sometimes faster. Same with rev matching on the downshift. If you try to do it too fast it seems like nothing happens. Time your downshifts better so that you can roll into the gas over a slightly longer period of time for th rev match before slamming the next gear. Seems like the dme needs to see that split second of extra input to be happy.
Appreciate 0