View Single Post
      07-08-2021, 08:21 AM   #7
Phloozy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
From what I have seen with my 135i logs, if you do any kind of shifting too fast in these cars you hit a torque limiter. If you upshift too fast there is a torque limiter as well... the next gear will bog for several hundred rpm.

N54 platform released a "shift bog" fix which addresses torque limiter 2048. The same has not been done for N55 yet. I am sure the DME logic is the same as N52 dme in regard to torque limiters around shifting. It's brutal... time for a standalone.

While I hate shifting slow... it is sometimes faster. Same with rev matching on the downshift. If you try to do it too fast it seems like nothing happens. Time your downshifts better so that you can roll into the gas over a slightly longer period of time for th rev match before slamming the next gear. Seems like the dme needs to see that split second of extra input to be happy.
It is possible but it only seems to happen on downshifts and under hard braking. In this video at around 35s you can see it blipos just fine because I am not braking super hard in the rain.

Appreciate 0