rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru128m View Post
I've had the same question as far as log quality, and I've asked Bob if he needs anything better/ different, but he never mentions it. Headers are some AA knockoffs, no leaks, good fitment. I have confidence Bob will crack this egg, I think he's just busy frying bigger fish right now. I get it.
I'm not a professional tuner and I would not consider my self in the same league as Bob but I would find it difficult if not impossible to tune an engine with this data. Probably would not even try. If I was busy with other well paying projects and had someone sending me this, I would probably put them on the back burner.

I'm not sure what Bob asked for on a log but we get the best full load data by a rolling third gear start and hold the throttle down full until the next shift. Traction control needs to be turned off.

The light throttle conditions in your log, with the log latency yields nearly no useful data.

First data picture shows about the most useful data in the log, Almost full throttle for a very short period of time but the data latency kills ruins it.

Check out the second picture, notice the repeated data. probably the software filling in blank data with the last value given. This is why I gave up on some of the early logging tools available to us. I think Bimmergeeks logging tools has overcome this and I know Test-o can do better.

Edit: I just noticed I circled the AIT field, those are normally pretty stable. Plenty of other places in this log with "frozen" data.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dru128m70.00