View Single Post
      09-14-2021, 03:01 PM   #40
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Heel/toe in this car or even just blipping throttle for a downshift is a BITCH to do, idk what the hell it is but the motor just feels asleep sometimes, I think it has to do with the dual mass flywheel. My car is N51 with the AA tune and whether it's street or track you REALLY have to mash that gas pedal to get the rpm where you want them. I've found it incredibly annoying on track because you can't just blip the throttle quickly, you gotta mash that thing to the floor and get the revs way up to like 6k before letting the clutch out. It's just so annoying, I've driven e30s, e36s, e46, 335i with the N55, all just rev so freely compared to this car.
I thought it was the heavy DMFW too for a while but previous gen used DMFW too lol Throttle response of a 330i is amazing in comparison. Definitely some kind of dme logic to it.

The N54 guys are discussing something similar on spool & street right now related to doing a manual swap on a car and noticing that before flashing the DME the throttle response is raw and snappy. I just skimmed it earlier today and they were talking about about there being tuning to prevent driveline shock or something.
Appreciate 1
spidertri414.00