View Single Post
      09-30-2021, 10:27 AM   #29
lvfb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
Well if that's the case then I think you're right. That really sucks, but I would definitely talk with the bmw dealer that just did all that previous work and see if what they did was related to the current problem (I'm guessing it's not)

I reread the pics you posted about the work done, and the last page said discovered that previous shop had found an internal fault caused by outside influence. New engine replacement quote was provided. Or something along those lines. That went from 0-100 really quick, I'm guessing the Indy knew the engine was on its way out and there was a serious problem if they're providing a quote for a new one.

If you have the time and care to, why not contact the Indy shop and see if they can tell you what was catastrophically wrong with the current engine.

Luckily there's plenty of used n52 and n51 engines and they're fairly cheap so if you need a new one and you have the tools and know how, you can swap one in for maybe 1500$. I think there will be some obstacles if using an n52 donner though.

What'd you get the car for If you don't mind me asking?
so the story was the person i bought it from bought it from an auction house in cali. he saw a leak or something and took it to indy shop which said he needed valve cover. buys oem from online and has indy shop put it on. gets it back from indy shop and check engine light is on. i bought it in hopes of having sulev fix it for free and i was going to put it on the rental app TURO as the car would pay for it self in about 5 months in the las vegas market since you can comfortably drive around with the top down until mid jan.
Appreciate 0